The Reconnect with your Body program empowers participants to discover new ways to move by teaching how to think like a dancer, connect with your breath and find radical compassion for often ailing body parts.
“When I come (to class) I feel like something has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel like a new person. It’s a healing experience.”
– Margie Dahlin, Reconnect dancer
“Words cannot express what Reconnect has done for me. This class gives me HOPE. Hope for the future, hope for now, in regards to the battle we each wage to keep our quality of life.”
– Karen Talcott, Reconnect dancer
“On the way home you’re a little sweaty and a little tired, but you feel better on the way home than you did when you came.”
– Bruce Larson, Reconnect dancer
“What I like about the class is that it is for Parkinson’s people as well as non-Parkinson’s people. After you’ve done your warm up you totally forget all that other stuff and you’re all doing the same thing to the best of your ability.”
– Lynn Larson, Reconnect dancer
- Tuesday: Sarah led a class with the Lafayette Parkinson’s Support Group
- Wednesday: Our weekly Reconnect class in Arvada
- Thursday: The Reconnect dancers performed at the Longmont Parkinson’s Symposium and had the 100+ attendees dancing along
- Sunday: Reconnect Community Class
- Monday: Reconnect Broomfield 4 week series begins
Reconnect is growing fast: our class attendance has more than doubled over the past two years. Collectively, our participants travel over 400 miles round trip to come to class each week. During 2016, we brought the power of dance to over 1,500 people through classes, performances, conference presentations and support group demonstrations.